I was browsing through Etsy one day and came across this cute cupcake stand. I loved it's rustic, woodsy feel and immediately fell in love with it. One thing led to another and I ended up having a wonderful conversation with Erin of SadyLadyCrafts.
I thought you guys would love this too, so I twisted her arm and got her to send one to me to review! Woohoo! How exciting is that??!!
Now, I know that how I have it decorated is probably not what Erin and her husband had envisioned when they developed this cake stand. I'm sure that they meant it for weddings, but when I looked at it I saw so many good ideas. I chose to decorate it up Halloween style because that is creeping up on us. I could see this loaded with cupcakes at your party, maybe even with a little bowl of dry ice in the middle to cause an eerie fog.
This stand can be used for so many ways other than a wedding. Here are some of my ideas:
- Fairy Party- vines and leaves around the pedestals clip on cute little butterflies, make some adorable flower cupcakes and have a party!
- Wine and cheese party- put your tasty cheeses, fruits and nuts on the trays and lend a natural feel to your next cocktail party.
- Party Platter- Use it to pile up party foods. It would be perfect for mini quiche or pizza, crostini or other small grab and go items.
- Holiday Decorations- it would make a FABULOUS stand for special holiday decor. Display your Old World Santa's, Nutcrackers or lighted houses.
- Use it as a centerpiece for a boy (or outdoorsy themed) baby shower. Cupcakes or even favors could be put on top.
Think outside of the box! I had to fight my parents off because they wanted to use it to display Christmas things at their house. I cannot say enough about how cute and sturdy this stand is.
Not only is it really adorable, it goes together in no time (literally less than 3 minutes) and stays put! THe craftsmanship is outstanding.
Now the really exciting part.....I get to offer one of you, my lucky readers, the chance to win one of these for your very own! Awesome!