What did happen though was that my laptop keyboard got fried, half they keys didn't work and I couldn't type anything with it. I was forced to use the on screen keyboard and let me tell you , it's worse than being the slowest hunt-and-peck typer around. There just wasn't going to be much blogging going on like that.
Now that I am all fixed up and can type more than 2 WPM, lets talk about the new year. I'm anticipating this new year to bring a host of new challenges and changes and that is exciting to me!
I don't do new year's resolutions but I do think setting some goals is a great habit to get into. So, with that said let me tell you what I have in mind for this year:
- Lip balms
- Lotion Bars
- Household cleaners
- Muscle rub
- Cough syrups
- Home decor projects
- Tips, tricks and helps
- Planting and starting seeds
- Seed saving
- Organic/non-toxic garden sprays and fertilizers
- Weed control
- Building a "root cellar" type building
- Building a small, cost effective greenhouse
- Putting the harvest up including canning, dehydrating, freezing, recipe ideas
- Yard beautification ideas
- Other misc outdoor projects
- 1 new meal recipe a week
- More whole grain baking
- 1 dessert a week
- kitchen tips, tricks, hints and helps
- Cookbook reviews
- Promotion of blogs I have found and loved
- Interactive learning experiences (I hope to do this one)
- Homemade solutions to store bought items (think ranch, mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce, taco seasoning, etc)
- Any misc things that come along
I'm sure there will be a lot of other things that find their way into my brain as the year goes along. I want to expand my craft ideas, homeschool information and homemade ideas. As you can see, making things from scratch and DIY'ing it are high on my list of priorities this year. I have set a goal for myself: buy 50% less at the store. Now that doesn't mean we're going to be eating half as much, it means I want to consume 50% less retail goods. That means all across my spending: toiletries, household goods, groceries, clothing etc. I will not be giving up buying toilet paper though, just in case any of you thought I was really going off the deep end.
All in all I think this year is going to be one of the most exciting and educational yet. I'm branching out, leaving my comfort zone and trying some wild new things....and you can too cause I plan on taking you all along this with me :)
Now, what lofty goals have you set for yourself this year?